Solaris sets a new benchmark in Brussels urban ecology. The architectural firm ASSAR developed a novel concept for the universe of office real estate. Besides its modern and innovative aesthetics, Solaris sets itself apart by its holistic approach to the comfort of its tenants, its architecture, its urban integration and respect for the environment.
Located within the green belt of Brussels opposite the exceptional natural site of the Forêt de Soignes, Solaris is the first office building to be certified for High Environmental Quality (VALIDEO) in the Capital of Europe. It sets a new standard in saving natural resources and stressing sensible use of renewable energy : photovoltaic and geothermal. What this means is energy consumption 50% below that of a classic building of the same size.
Advantages which are unique in the Brussels Region
- High Environmental Quality : 1st Valideo certification in Belgium
- One of the largest surface areas of photovoltaic panels in the Brussels Region (800 m2)
- One of the biggest geothermal stations in the Brussels Region (48 wells at a depth of 100 m)
- Annual savings of 119 tons of CO2 emissions which would otherwise be generated by the building
- Management of rainwater : storm water basin and rainwater tank which are used to supply sanitary cold water in the building
- Full concierge services for tenants to suit their needs